If you have not yet registered and would like to join in this workshop, please email David Bromwich
Two Sessions per Day:
Day Session: 11:00 – 1:30pm (EDT)
Evening Session: 5:00 – 7:30 (EDT)
ZOOM Webinar ID: 952 2935 1976
We are happy to announce the 16th Workshop on Antarctic Meteorology and Climate (WAMC) joint with the Year of Polar Prediction in the Southern Hemisphere (YOPP-SH) meeting to be held virtually June 21 through 25, 2021. The entirely online WAMC meeting brings together those with research and operational/logistical interests in Antarctic meteorology and forecasting and related disciplines. More broadly, this workshop also is a forum for current results and ideas in Antarctic meteorology, observations, automatic weather stations, numerical weather prediction, and weather forecasting, from contributors around the world. There will be discussions on the relationships among international efforts and Antarctic forecasting, logistical support, and science. We welcome presentations and workshop activities on these topics.
The international YOPP-SH meeting, also entirely online, will feature research resulting from the summer Special Observing Period (SOP) in 2018-2019 along with plans for participation in the upcoming winter SOP mid-April to mid-July 2022.
Thank you on behalf of the WAMC organizing committee!!
- David Bromwich, Ohio State University (2021 Organizer)
- Scott Carpentier, Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- Arthur Cayette, NIWC Systems Center
- Steve Colwell, British Antarctic Survey
- John Cassano, University of Colorado-Boulder
- Matthew Lazzara, Madison Area Technical College & University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Jordan Powers, National Center for Atmospheric Research
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 7, 2021
There is no registration fee for these meetings.