The Greenland Ice Sheet - 1km DEMs
Available DEMs of the Greenland Ice Sheet are based on satellite radar altimetry data (e.g. Bamber, Ekholm,and Krabill 2001) Article, or on the combination of radar altimetry data and AVHRR imagery by using photoclimometry techniques to fill the regions between radar orbits (Scambos and Harran) (referred to as 'available DEMs').
Elevation errors of these DEMs range from a few meters at the middle of the ice sheet (>2000 meter elevation) to 50-100 meters in marginal regions.
The objective is to improve the accuracy of these 'available DEMs' by using 3/20/03 - 6/23/05 ICESat satellite laser alimetry data, 1999-2003 Airborne Topographic Mapper (ATM) laser altimetry data (Krabill, NASA WFF) Article, and KMS landcover map of Greenland.
- Procedure on the improvement of the Digital Elevation Model of Greenland Ice Sheet using ICESat Laser Altimetry Data
Greenland 1k DEM Data Files
- 1km Ellipsoid DEM (ERDAS Imagine Format *.img file)
- 1km Ellipsoid DEM (ERDAS Imagine Format *.rrd file)
- 1km Ellipsoid DEM (ERDAS Imagine Format header/text file)
- 1km Ellipsoid DEM (32-bit Float Binary Format *.bin file)
- 1km Ellipsoid DEM (32-bit Float Binary Format header/text file)