Job Posting: Systems Manager
The Systems Manager is primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of the BPCRC websites, web servers, and database servers, including the development of any research project web pages, web applications, and hosted websites. These include, but are not limited to: WordPress platform websites for some of our research groups and blogs and the Polar Rock Repository, a recently developed PHP-based website and samples database designed in-house. Duties outside of web development include assisting the BPCRC Systems Manager with building and maintaining research and administrative computer systems; maintaining the Center's compliance with the Office of the OCIO IT Security Framework; assisting with videoconferences, seminar and meeting/conference multimedia setup; assisting researchers in the design layout and printing of research posters for conferences, symposia and meetings. Additional IT projects may also be assigned by the Director, as necessary. The BPCRC Assistant Systems Manager is also considered essential personnel for both short and long term university closures.
This is a 100% FTE position (40 hours per week).
Please apply online from October 8 to 22, 2016 at https://www.jobsatosu.com/.
BPCRC Website Support
BPCRC Systems and Security Management
Research Group Support
Education and Experience Require
- Bachelors or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ yrs. with the PHP programming language
- Experience with web application security and testing
- Experience with LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) websites
- 2+ years exp. with relational databases, including MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with Linux system administration (any distribution). The Center currently makes use of the Linux distributions: Fedora, CentOS, RedHat Enterprise
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of network security
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graphic design experience and tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDRAW
- Virtual Machine (VM) spin-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Target Hiring Range: $55,000 - $60,000/annually