Learn about our most current and exciting research through fast and informal virtual talks presented by Byrd Center PIs, Postdocs, and Grad students.
Everyone is welcome to attend via Zoom!
Speakers & Topics
Monday, May 18, 11:00 am
- Michalea King, Spaceborne perspectives of rapidly changing Greenland outlet glaciers.
- Michael Durand, Measuring the Water Cycle.
- Audrey Sawyer, Modeling groundwater flow and heat transport near water track features in Arctic hill slopes.
- Emilio Mateo, Current research by the Glacier Environmental Change Group.
- Melisa Diaz, Soil geochemistry of the Shackleton Glacier region, Antarctica.
Monday, June 1, 11:00 am
- Emilie Beaudon, Paleo-synoptic Changes as Recorded in the Mineral Dust in the Guliya Ice Cap, Northwestern Tibetan Plateau.
- Allison Chartrand, Mass balance of ice shelf basal channels.
- Devin Smith, Geochemistry and hydrology of Irish rivers.
- Chris Gardner, Iron behavior and bioavailability in sub-aerial runoff into the Ross Sea.
- Joey Durkin, Re-evaluating the elastic response of the Antarctic continent to present-day ice mass change.
- Saurabh Vijay, The influence of Greenland's supraglacial lakes during melt season.
Monday, June 15, 11:00 am
- Kyungmin (Kay) Sung, Analyzing long term and seasonal drought trends.
- Paolo Gabrielli, Climatic Processes Revealed by the Geochemistry of Atmospheric Particles Entrapped in Glaciers.
- Deon Knights, Terrestrially derived nutrients transported to the Arctic Ocean have important implications for Arctic Ocean chemistry.
- Santiago de la Pena Rodriguez, Seasonal surface ponding over the Greenland Ice sheet.
- Zhiping Zhong, Viruses and microbes in glacier ice and Arctic brine.
- Kira Harris, Virtual Reality
Monday, June 29, 11:00 am
- Aaron Wilson, A collection of Ohio-related weather and climate projects.